What fun will you allow yourself today?
It IS mid-October this morning; the snow and colder temps ARE not that far away.
What last bit of outdoor fun can you have for yourself yet today, that you’ll store away for winter?
Allow me to make a few suggestions:
- Pump up the bike tires and go for a ride.
- Take the motorcycle out for a spin—and stop at the local ice cream joint and have something you haven’t had in a while. Cherry nut? Pumpkin Blizzard?
- Go after some apples at the closest apple orchard. Eat a caramel apple, if they have them.
- Buy a couple of big pumpkins and set them by your front door—just for the hell of it.
- Eat your lunch at a picnic table in a park today. Pull out your notepad and see if you can describe the sounds the leaves make when they fall from the tree. Record all random thoughts; you might amaze yourself.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran